Professional Accountancy Education
The programme which is aligned to our business objectives to be recognised as a learning institution and the leader in accountancy/audit recruitment in the public sector, provides financial and other supports for entry level staff.
Trainees joining the Office enjoy a number of benefits and supports as part of their contract. The key features are as follows:
- qualification as a professional accountant via any of the nine recognised prescribed accountancy bodies
- initially a one year contract (subject to a satisfactory probation assessment) with another six years to attain the professional qualification
- financial support for student membership, studies and examinations
- additional support for examination practice
- leave allowance for studies and examinations
- flexible working arrangements allow staff to utilise hours for studies
- provision for on-the-job training upon appointment, usually with an experienced auditor
- a varied client base including government departments, regulators, State agencies, educational and health bodies.