The programme comprises both technical and general courses and is structured to align with the core competencies contained in the development framework. It is aimed at providing staff with the education and training requirements to undertake the various roles in the Office and includes the continuing professional development of qualified staff.
The Office offers a blended programme of classroom training, comprising both technical and general (soft skills) courses. Courses comprise of:
• specifically designed and developed technical courses specific to its work
• a number of One Learning courses aimed at developing general skills
• an Insights Programme which brings more in-depth understanding of key areas.
Training is provided in-house or through other trainers. The topics include:
• audit specific issues
• personal and people development
• leadership and management