The primary service of the Office is the provision of independent assurance to Dáil Éireann on financial audits and reports on matters such as value for money.
In undertaking this role we interact with audited bodies to provide the best possible service to them while assisting Dáil Éireann in its role of holding to account, bodies we audit.
In delivering our service we are committed to
- serving the public interest in accordance with our statutory mandate
- auditing in accordance with relevant auditing standards
- complying with relevant ethical codes and standards of behaviour
- being constructive and recognising the needs and goals of audited bodies
- conducting our business in an efficient manner.
Services we do not provide
Because of our statutory mandate and auditing standards we do not
- provide services directly to the public
- provide services unrelated to auditing financial statements or evaluating value for money
- prepare an audited body’s financial statements
- provide a consultancy service
- express an opinion on the effectiveness of the internal controls in audited bodies
- seek to identify instances of fraud (although these may come to light in the course of audit).
How to give us feedback
You can raise concerns about things like
- delays in responding to your enquiries and requests
- treatment by, or behaviour of, a member of staff
- a failure to follow proper rules and procedures.
If you have concerns or are dissatisfied about our day-to-day services, please discuss this with the person you dealt with or the Senior Auditor in the first instance, and we will try to resolve your concerns immediately.
If you have a matter of concern or are dissatisfied about our overall service, we encourage you to contact us by
(01) 863 8600
Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General
3A Mayor Street Upper
Dublin 1 D01 PF72
Responding to concerns
We will acknowledge receipt of your correspondence within 7 working days.
We will examine all concerns raised against our service commitments and seek to respond to the substantive matter as soon as is practicable. We aim to reply within 30 days but in some instances this may take longer.
Help us to improve our service
We have developed our service standards through a consultative process with audited bodies. We are committed to undertaking periodic satisfaction surveys to evaluate our overall performance. We are also committed to continually improving our outputs and your comments on how we might improve are important to us. We will use your comments to ensure that the audits we carry out are of the highest standard.